cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Oisin Hurley <ohur...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Problems embedding CXF in Eclipse
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:26:21 GMT
> I know there have been several others who have worked with CXF inside
> Eclipse plugins, so I am hoping you can shed insight into this issue.
> Basically Spring seems to loop forever when it is loading resources
> off the
> classpath when inside the Eclipse plugin. It works fine outside of the
> plugin though. I'm guessing that this is something to do with the way
> classloaders work inside Eclipse. Anyone know what the particular
> remedy for
> this is?

It's probably to do with the way classloaders work in Eclipse
alright. Each
eclipse plugin is an OSGi bundle and gets a fresh classloader that is
configured
by the manifest for the bundle. If the code
in the plugin attempts to load stuff that is not configured within
the manifest
file as a dependency, then you should see a failure of the load.
Also, if you
try to inject class definitions into the classloader (as the JAXB
impl attempts
to do by default) then you can get duplicate class defs.

This particular behaviour - the looping - I haven't seen before.
Perhaps you
might find something at [0] that would be useful, it looks like they
have got
OSGi'ified bundles of Spring functionality.

  best of luck
    --oh

[0] http://www.springframework.org/osgi