cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Jarek Gawor" <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject JAXB upgrade
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 20:25:13 GMT
Hi again,

CXF code was recently upgraded to JAXB 2.1 and so I tired to figure
out what sort of implications that might have on Geronimo. First of
all, JAXB is one of those libraries that is shared by all applications
in the Geronimo server. We also have a bunch of different components
using JAXB to do deployment descriptor parsing, etc. So if we upgrade
JAXB in G, we have to retest all these subcomponents to make sure they
are ok. And I think in general  that should be ok but potentially time
consuming. Another potential issue that somebody raised was TCK
testing. We don't know what happens if for example TCK expects JAXB
2.0 API but gets JAXB 2.1 API/implementation. Maybe nothing (as things
supposed to be backwards compatible) but maybe it blows up. That's
another thing for us to worry about.

So, if this JAXB upgrade is not a critical issue for CXF would it be
possible to switch back to JAXB 2.0?

Thanks,
Jarek