cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <ning.ji...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Review of patch for CXF-427 [JMX]
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2007 08:15:39 GMT
Hi Seumas,

I just came back from vacation, I am sorry for reply your mail late.

I went through the patch about the JMX infrastructure.  I found you
remove the CXF event which used by InstrumentationManager for handle the
components' creation and destruction.
You also take the WorkQueue as an example for the instrumentation.
 Here are two questions about them.
1. How can I configure the JMX infrastructure to enable or disable
center kind of CXF components' instrumentation without change the CXF code ?
    My suggestion is we can use AOP to add the component register code
dynamically, it would be easy to implement this.
2. About the getObjectName(), if there are two WorkQueue in the same
bus, the two WorkQueue's ObjectName will be same.
    May be we need to take some other parameter to build up the ObjectName.

Cheers,

Willem.

Soltysik, Seumas wrote:

>I just uploaded a patch file for Jira CXF-427 which involves a refactoring of the current
JMX infrastructure. Could someone take a look at this patch and apply it if deemed sufficient.