cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: latest snapshot
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 15:55:35 GMT

Polar,

On Tuesday 27 February 2007 10:43, Polar Humenn wrote:
> Do you know what I have to do to get the CXF sources installed into my
> local maven repository?
>
> I can do
>
> mvn source:jar
>
> and it creates them, but doesn't install them into ~/.m2/respository.

All maven projects should be pretty much the same:

mvn source:jar
will create the jar by invoking the source plugin directly.   However, that
will never will get to the install phase to install it.

You can do:
mvn source:jar install
which will invoke the source:jar to build the jar, then continue to the
install phase to install it.

mvn javadoc:jar source:jar install
would do both javadoc and source.

> The "install" or -Pfastinstall doesn't seem to ether, but it does
> install the javadoc jar files, which I find inconsistent.

It probably only installs the javadoc for api and metacode.   For those two
modules, we bind javadoc:jar into the build to run every time.    None of
the other modules would get javadoc.

Enjoy!
Dan

--