cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Can we distribute the sun mail and activation jar files in our distribution?
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2007 23:15:25 GMT

Dan,

On Tuesday 20 February 2007 17:52, Dan Diephouse wrote:
> Any one know if any implementations send ^M in attachment headers? I could
> see this causing issues if so.
> - Dan

The issue is actually the reverse.   The spec says the lines should be CR/LF
terminated.   If something sends something that is only LF terminated, Sun's
implementation will parse it fine.   Geronimo's won't.  Thus, you need to
find implementations that DON'T put the CR(^M)'s.

That said, some of our own code in the Attachment processing doesn't
work "correctly" if it's not CR/LF.   It just didn't cause a test failure.
There's at least one place where we "break" on CR, then just blindly
ins.read() the next char assuming it's the LF.   (FYI: that's exactly how the
Geronimo specs version of mail does it as well)  I think Sun's impl must
ignore the CR (skip over it) and breaks on the LF (or breaks on the LF
and "trim()"s the result).

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp