cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Snapshots
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 15:31:55 GMT
On Wednesday 14 February 2007 09:10, Dan Diephouse wrote:
> Anyone know if it is OK for us to put up a link to our snapshots on our
> website? Often I want to point people at snapshots so they can test them
> and I'd like to create a small page detailing where to get the latest ones.

I THINK it's OK.  (I notice harmony does it and a few others)

However, it's got to be 100% clear that the snapshots are NOT an official
apache release, they are untested, etc...  See:
http://harmony.apache.org/downloads.html

We also cannot go around promoting the snapshots to users over the official
releases except to have them test if a bug is fixed or similar.   They must
be considered a convenience to developers, not a "way around doing an
official release".

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer