cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Some change about the CXF Servlet
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 15:46:47 GMT

Willem,

The commit you did is still unacceptable as it doesn't address the issue of
embedding the publisher classname into the xml.   It also doesn't address the
issue of frontends that have completely different sets of metadata than the
jaxws frontend.   For example:

public interface EndpointPublisher {
    void buildEndpoint(Bus bus, String implName, String serviceName,
          URL wsdl, String portName)  throws BusException;
    void publish(String address) throws BusException;
}

What about javascript that doesn't really have a implName or where it needs
other information beyond that?

Dan and I gave a couple of suggestions for a better/cleaner design.   Could
you please look at them and figure out which would work best and go with
that?   Or come up with your own and propose it here.    This current design
is not workable.

I'm not going to -1 the commit yet as I'd like you to have the opportunity to
examine alternatives and get it fixed.

Thanks!
Dan

--