cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Some change about the CXF Servlet
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 02:38:39 GMT
On Sunday 04 February 2007 20:27, Willem Jiang wrote:
> 2. cxf-servlet.xml
> Adding a publisher attribute in the endpoint element.
> It should be publisher="org.apache.cxf.jaxws.EndpointPublisherImpl"
>
> You can find the example from the systest or the kit's samples hello_world
> . Please feel free to  get  touch with me  if you  have any issue about the
> CXF  Servlet.

I really don't like this part of this.   You end up forcing people to embed
internal class names into the XML file and thus know internal details about
the implementations.  It also prevents us from refactoring things, renaming
classes, etc... without breaking the users apps.

This needs to change to some sort of registry system where the frontends can
register a handler to the servlet/bus and the XML just has some sort of key
for the XML.   I'd prefer a namespace qualified thing where the frontend
could provide an entire schema for their section of the XML.    If the
frontend needs some additional elements in the XML file, they can do it.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer