cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Soltysik, Seumas" <Seumas.Solty...@iona.com>
Subject Dynamically deploying interceptors via JMX
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2007 16:11:38 GMT
I would like to expose the various InterceptorProviders (Bus, Service, Endpoint) as MBeans
and provide methods on these MBeans to dynamically deploy interceptors into these providers.
In order to do this, I need a mechanism to instantiate an interceptor before adding it to
the provider. Now I could pass in a classname to the MBean [BusMBean.addInterceptor(classname)]
and instantiate the interceptor that way but that seems lame. A better way would be if I could
get a handle on the Spring BeanFactory used to create other CXF objects and use it as a factory
for creating dynamic interceptors. So instead of using a classname to instantiate an object,
I could simply use a spring id to get a handle on the desired interceptor. I am think that
a user could specify their interceptor bean in the cxf*.xml file used to configure the bus
and later reference the bean using the id.
Is it possible to get a handle on the BeanFactory used to load Bus configuration? Is this
a reasonable approach?
Regards,
Seumas