cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Beryozkin" <sergey.beryoz...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Patch for JIRA https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-398
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 15:08:41 GMT
Hi Eoghan

Thanks for the comments. Please find a second patch, https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12350140/rt_provider_attachment2.patch

which includes these updates.

On ServletDestination : in copyResponseHeaders() it also deals with an optional charset value
of the Content-Type header, but I haven't pushed that code into http and http2 codebase. I
believe only the application (provider) code can really customize this setting (as that code
does not/should not do it by setting the charset on the message explicitly, as that code assumes)
and if so it will be properly copied in all 3 cases (JettyHTTPDestination in http.http2, ServletDestination)
as a Content-Type optional value...

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions/comments

Cheers, Sergey

Hi Sergey,

I can apply this patch.

However there is one small issue that needs to be fixed first.

Unfortunately our HTTP stacks are reproducing apace, and we already have
three separate stacks with large-scale code duplication across each :(
This oviously needs to be fixed, and I've raised it on cxf-dev & in
JIRA, but in the meantime all changes to HTTP logic need to be
duplicated across the http, http2 and javaws modules (in the jaxws case,
it's the ServletDestination.java that you'll need to update).

Can you do this for your change to the reponse content-type handling and
re-submit the patch?

Cheers,
Eoghan