cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Conrad O'Dea" <conrad.o...@iona.com>
Subject Re: JAXB is not sitting well in an OSGI /eclipse env...
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 07:33:45 GMT
David,

On 3 Jan 2007, at 11:05, Beaurpere, David wrote:

> Guys,
>

> Sorry for the previous mail it was sent by mistake before being
> ready...
>

> I am writing some plugins for eclipse that uses APIs based on the cxf
> tools framework and wsdl model.
>

> I have a frustrating situation here where calls to the
> org.apache.cxf.wsdl11.WSDLManagerImpl (and its multiple calls to
> "JAXBContext.newInstance(...)") causes an avalanche of
> "java.lang.LinkageError: duplicate class definition:..." error being
> spit out. I have copied a sample stack trace and the config props I am
> getting at the end of this mail.
>
> I am not really familiar with the detailed workings of JAXB and I have
> no idea why the API is calling systematically "defineClass(...)"

ClassLoader.defineClass will be called as a result of loadClass.  If
the classloader does not find the desired class in its current
context it will locate the bytes of the class file and call
defineClass to create an instance from the bytes.  Although it's lost
in the trace provided, I would expect that it is loadClass that is
being invoked by JAXB and that defineClass is being called as a side-
effect.  In other words, JAXB may not be doing anything odd.

This LinkageError typically occurs when a customized classloader
attempts to load (and define a class) that is already loaded in the
ClassLoader's context. This can happen if a classloader overrides
loadClass but is not checking to see if the class is already loaded.

> I thought I would write to this list before getting to the JAXB one.
> Just in case there's a chance that something can be done on your side

rgds
Conrad