cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Liu, Jervis" <j...@iona.com>
Subject RE: When should we close the handlers in CXF?
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2007 03:45:57 GMT
Hi Unreal,

My understanding is that the handler's close method should be called at the end of a MEP.
See below from JAX-WS section 9.3.2.3:

"A handler's close method is called at the conclusion of a message exchange pattern (MEP).
It is called just prior to the binding dispatching the final message, fault or exception of
the MEP and may be used to clean up per-MEP resources allocated by a handler."

For example for a request-response MEP, on the client side, close method should be called
at the end of inbound interceptor chain (when client receives the reponse), on the server
side close method should be called at the end  of outbound interceptor chain. Havn't got chance
to check Sun's RI code, but I do not think it conforms to spec if the close method are called
four times in a standard request-reponse MEP.

Cheers,
Jervis

________________________________

From: Unreal Jiang [mailto:sinbad_jia@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tue 1/16/2007 9:34 PM
To: cxf-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: When should we close the handlers in CXF?

Hi guy,
  In JAX-WS spec, it describe that A handler's close method is called at the conclusion of
a message exchange pattern (MEP).
  How can we apprehend it? Does it mean that we should close handlers when the response is
returned to client?

  But in sun's ri, it close handlers at handlers process finished such as  outband & inbound
handler chain finished at both client and server  side, so there have four times close in
a request-response MEP.

  Do you guys have any idea about Which approach is conform to spec?

  Any comment will be appreciated.

  Cheers
  Unreal