cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Unreal Jiang <sinbad_...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: When should we close the handlers in CXF?
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2007 11:39:25 GMT
Hi Jervis,

  Thanks for your reply.

  I agree to you idea. Maybe there have some resources assigned in  REQUEST message handlers
should be shared by RESPONSE message handlers.  So we should close handlers just at the end
of a MEP, and client side  once, server side once.

  Cheers
  Unreal

"Liu, Jervis" <jliu@iona.com> wrote:  Hi Unreal,

My understanding is that the handler's close method should be called at the end of a MEP.
See below from JAX-WS section 9.3.2.3:

"A  handler's close method is called at the conclusion of a message  exchange pattern (MEP).
It is called just prior to the binding  dispatching the final message, fault or exception
of the MEP and may be  used to clean up per-MEP resources allocated by a handler."

For  example for a request-response MEP, on the client side, close method  should be called
at the end of inbound interceptor chain (when client  receives the reponse), on the server
side close method should be called  at the end of outbound interceptor chain. Havn't got chance
to check  Sun's RI code, but I do not think it conforms to spec if the close  method are called
four times in a standard request-reponse MEP.

Cheers,
Jervis