cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Dan Diephouse" <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: JaxwsInterceptorRemoverInterceptor and RM
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 16:30:47 GMT
On 1/8/07, Andrea Smyth <andrea.smyth@iona.com> wrote:

> Dan Diephouse wrote:
>
> > I think that anything before unmarshalling should be pretty resilient
> > to any
> > type of message. But unmarshalling may be specific from service to
> > service.
> > So I'm cool with starting a new chain which starts after the
> > RmSoapInterceptor.
> >
> > Regarding the partial response check - I thought we decided we were
> > going to
> > set a property which signals that the message isn't destined for the
> > client.
> > This way we have a general mechanism for other WS-* specs as well. for
> > example:
> >
> > // determine whether the message was redispatched to RM or somewhere
> else
> > boolean redispatched = Boolean.TRUE.equals(message.get(REDISPATCHED));
> >
> > Other possible property names might be REROUTED, INTERCEPTED, or
> > FORWARDED.
>
> Well that's not the case for now - and I am not sure where exactly this
> property should be set. It may require changes to several interceptors
> to make them aware of the possibly empty soap bodies and in such a case
> identify the message as a partial response.

Wouldn't it just be set in the RMSoapInterceptor?

if (wsaAction.equals(createSequence)) message.put(REDISPATCHED, Boolean.TRUE
));

In general I'd prefer if we could make it a policy for interceptors to
> simply do NOTHING rather than deciding to take some default action (in
> the case of the BareInInterceptor: set the content of the in message to
> an empty list)  when they do encounter 'abnormal' messages.

I'm not sure I understand. How are we supposed to know if there is an error
then?

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse