cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Smyth <andrea.sm...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Ideas for a WS-Policy Framework for CXF
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2007 08:32:14 GMT
Dan Diephouse wrote:

> Do we have a list of policies we're looking to support? Security, RM, and
> MTOM are on my list so far, but I don't claim to have a comprehensive
> one.

Not that I know of - but I don't think we need one as support for
additional policies should be pluggable, i.e. become available by
registering AssertionBuilderFactories (which would happen by simply
adding stuff to the classpath)?

> I'm still digesting your proposal/questions and will try to provide some
> feedback tomorrow, but has anyone given any thought to using policy for
> configuration as opposed to just policy?

Celtix did this - you could have a policy with an RMAssertion attached
to a wsdl element - and a property of the same type (RMAssertion) in the
endpoint configuration bean - the latter superseding the former.
Conversely, the data types used for http and jms configuration may
become assertions (understood only by CXF of course).
One of the benefits of a policy framework is that is makes interceptor
chain configuration a lot easier.

Andrea.