cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Smyth <andrea.sm...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Identification of Partial Responses
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 11:23:32 GMT
Glynn, Eoghan wrote:

>OK, back to the drawing board on this one :(
>
>A quick google on this question suggests that, notwithstanding some
>confusion, an empty SOAP body is actually kosher in certain
>circumstances ... see for example [1].
>
>So off the top of my head, I think we'd have to do something like the
>following to make the partial/full response distinction more
>bullet-proof:
>
>1. Stop sending the wsa:RelatesTo in the partial response (this is
>potentially misleading in any case)
>2. Set something like a Message.IS_RESPONSE property to false in the
>WS-A layer if the wsa:RelatesTo header is not present
>3. Replace the ClientImpl.isPartialResponse() logic with
>Boolean.FALSE.equals(inMessage.get(Message.IS_RESPONSE))
>
>Checking via Boolean.FALSE.equals() would ensure that the ClientImpl
>logic would be valid even if WS-A layer was absent (in which case the
>IS_RESPONSE property would be null, but we can assume that a partial
>response would never be received, as this may only occur if WS-A headers
>were present in the corresponding request).

I was experimenting with  WS-A soap handler set such a property when
1. it is located on the client side
(Boolean.TRUE.equals(message.get(REQUESTOR_ROLE))
2. direction fo processing is inbound
3. ReplyTo is http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing/none
but the above is neater.
Just to make sure though, the  property should be set in the addressing
soap handler, right?

Andrea.