cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Smyth <andrea.sm...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Registering a listener to server events
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 07:54:12 GMT
Hi Sean,

Sounds good to me. There is no such mechanism at the moment, all we have
is the BusLifeCycleListener and BusLifeCyclemanager APIs. The latter
are  not widely used yet and may be replaced by support for JSR 250
@PreDestroy, see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-259, which is
not suitable for on-demand servers.
Endpoint.stop would  be the better point to release resources associated
with a server endpoint in RM then Bus.shutdown.
It may even be useful to have a similar thing on the client side (proxy
creation would be OK, but there is no such thing as proxy destroy in the
JAX-WS APIs, not in the underlying CXF APIs. Maybe we can think about
that to at some time, but for server side endpoint a mechanisms like the
below definitely seems useful to me.
BTW getEndpoint should be added to the Server API - currently its only a
public method in ServerImpl, requiring annoying casts.

Andrea.

O'Callaghan, Sean wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'd like to be able to recieve notification of when an endpoints server starts and stops,
and get info on that server instance.

>At the moment there does not appear to be anyway to hook into such lifecycle so would
like to propose adding in a ServerLifeCycleManager and ServerLifeCycleListener to the api's.