cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <ning.ji...@iona.com>
Subject How does Jetty deal with large size request
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 07:24:36 GMT
Hi,

I am working on CXF http transport with Jetty6 , we want to take the
advantage of Jetty6 for asyc http supporting.
But when I did the performance test which the server side used the Jetty
6.1.0 SelectConnector on Linux box to receive the large size request
messages (60K~150K), I found my client would get the response with http
states code 500 after  a short term running.
After several round of large request message pressure tests, I found
that Jetty caches the large request message as the tmp files in /tmp ,
and it will not clean up the tmp files until the server process exit.The
Server will return the 500 states code response to client when the
server side tmp directory free space is empty.

Here are my questions :
1. Why dose Jetty cache the large request messages as the tmp files?
2. If caching tmp file is need,  why not Jetty clean up the tmp request
message files when they are not useful to Jetty?
3. How can I turn off caching the large request message as tmp file in
Jetty's configuration.

Thanks,

Willem.