cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Managing (JMX) Configuration/Policy Beans
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2007 19:35:14 GMT

On Friday 26 January 2007 14:00, Dan Diephouse wrote:
> If we go this route, do we still need the annotations in cxf-common? The
> only references to them that I see are on the work manager. Anyone know
> about this code?

Well, if I'm instrumenting some endpoint code or something, I'd MUCH rather
use JDK5 annotations than a spring bean file.   However, since spring
provides some annotations, I'd say just use those and ditch ours.    The
only "trick" will be to get non spring-defined objects wired into the spring
JMX server.   Example, if I call:

Endpoint.publish(url, impl);
and the impl has the spring ManagedResource annotations on it, should our
runtime automatically register it, or should we provide a "hook" (like
bus.get(ManagementServer.class).register(name, impl)) for users to be able to
add objects?

Dan

> - Dan
>
> On 1/26/07, Soltysik, Seumas <Seumas.Soltysik@iona.com> wrote:
> > Good point. Using Spring to define the JMX interface definitely is easier
> > and makes more sense.

J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer
IONA