cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Jones <peter.jo...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Java 6 failures...
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2007 22:23:06 GMT

Hi Dan,

On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 04:55:56PM -0500, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> On Monday 22 January 2007 17:39, Dan Diephouse wrote:
> > This probably isn't the problem you're encountering, but another potential
> > problem source is that JAXB is bundled in J6 Which means depending on the
> > version thats in there, there could be bugs which aren't fixed, which might
> > cause unit tests to fail.
>
> I wish that was the problem.  That would be easy to explain.
>
> It looks like the XML parser that is in J6 is a bit different than the one in
> J5.   Probably a newer version of xerces or something.   In anycase, it's
> causing much of the WSDL parsing and validating to fail.
>
> 7 out of 8 of the org.apache.cxf.tools.validator.WSDLValidationTest
> test fail.  Strange errors like:
> Error : org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: src-resolve: Cannot resolve the
> name 'xml:lang' to a(n) 'attribute declaration' component.

I noticed the same sort of error when trying out the ibm jdk yesterday.
There, IIRC it seemed to be caused by the version of xerces prepending
file://path_to_current_dir to the baseURI relative path of the imported
schemas that was passed to the resolver.  Anyway, I have a work-around for
the WSDL11Validator.java which I can check in shortly which may help
(assuming its the same cause).

Cheers,
Peter

--