cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Java 6 failures...
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:55:56 GMT
On Monday 22 January 2007 17:39, Dan Diephouse wrote:
> This probably isn't the problem you're encountering, but another potential
> problem source is that JAXB is bundled in J6 Which means depending on the
> version thats in there, there could be bugs which aren't fixed, which might
> cause unit tests to fail.

I wish that was the problem.  That would be easy to explain.

It looks like the XML parser that is in J6 is a bit different than the one in
J5.   Probably a newer version of xerces or something.   In anycase, it's
causing much of the WSDL parsing and validating to fail.

7 out of 8 of the org.apache.cxf.tools.validator.WSDLValidationTest
test fail.  Strange errors like:
Error : org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: src-resolve: Cannot resolve the
name 'xml:lang' to a(n) 'attribute declaration' component.

1 of 2 in org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdl2java.processor.WSDLToJavaXMLFormatTest
failed with the same error.

org.apache.cxf.wsdl11.WSDLServiceBuilderTest fails as it's having issues
getting the Schemas from the ServiceInfo (seems to be null when they
shouldn't be)

Strangest one:
org.apache.cxf.workqueue.AutomaticWorkQueueTest.testThreadPoolShrink
It's shrinking down below the minimum threashold.  Not sure why.

BUNCH of type tests fail with maxLength/minLength restriction violations.
Those might be JAXB issues.   Also in typetest is an IllegalArgumentException
creating a XMLGregorianCalendarImpl thing inside xerces.

SchemaValidation test is failing

jaxws.ClientServerTest is failing with a strange exception down in woodstox:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't overwrite cause
        at java.lang.Throwable.initCause(Throwable.java:320)
        at com.ctc.wstx.compat.Jdk14Impl.setInitCause(Jdk14Impl.java:70)
        at com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxException.<init>(WstxException.java:46)
        at com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxIOException.<init>(WstxIOException.java:16)
        at com.ctc.wstx.sw.BaseStreamWriter.flush(BaseStreamWriter.java:313)
        at
org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.interceptor.SoapOutInterceptor.handleMess
age(SoapOutInterceptor.java:94)

Basically, there's a bunch of work to do to get the tests passing with Java 6.

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer