cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Soltysik, Seumas" <Seumas.Solty...@iona.com>
Subject RE: Managing (JMX) Configuration/Policy Beans
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2007 23:10:52 GMT
One problem I see with depending on Spring to specify the JMX accessible interface is that
I don't believe that Spring is always used to instantiate these policy/config objects. There
are cases in the CXF code where Spring is not used to create new instances.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Diephouse [mailto:dan@envoisolutions.com]
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 12:56 PM
To: cxf-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Managing (JMX) Configuration/Policy Beans

Is this information we really want to keep in our schemas? Spring provides
an approach where you can control the MBean interface through the
MBeanInfoAssembler
interface. There are multiple implementations including one where we can
just specify what methods should be exposed as attributes in the spring.xml:

http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.0.x/reference/jmx.html
http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.0.x/reference/jmx.html#jmx-interface

- Dan

--