cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Beryozkin" <sergey.beryoz...@iona.com>
Subject Re: MIME support in XML binding
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2007 16:46:17 GMT
Hi

I suppose we can have a unmodifyable Map<String, DataHandler> implementation using Collection<Attachment>
internally for iterating/queries. I guess the only performance benefit we can get with it
is that the provider's invoke() can be hit without caching in all the attachemnats first...But
this I think is important when a provider can proceed with handling the invocation without
reading all the attachments it may need first which may not always be possible...

If you reckon it's a worthy idea (creating LazyAttachmentMap) then I can create a JIRA specifically
to address the performance issue resulting from the fact that creating a HashMap<String,
DataHandler> will lead to all attachments be read through the LazyAttachmentCollection
and then perhaps look into it later, as at the moment I need to create a basic patch to ensure
attachements gets delivered to XMLBinding providers...

Thanks, Sergey