cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Jim Ma" <jim...@iona.com>
Subject RE: Tooling refactoring plan
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 10:25:19 GMT

Comments in line.

Add one goal :

Make our tools more plugable and extensible. Support pluggable generator  to generate deployment
descriptor  ,configuration etc .
Support code modification plugin which can modify the generated code like JAXB plugin can
do.

> and we plan to
>
> 1. Copy Tools to Tools2, which will depend on RT temporarily.
>    the Tools2 will be a framework, it works as a CLI,
>    and it'll load the service builder plugin, frontend plugins and
> databinding plugins according to the input.
>    and works as a main controller.
>

> 2. After all the test passed, then we start move the RT/Core to top
> level Core, after that the dependency of Tools2 looks like
>    API <- Core <- Tools2 <- TestUtils <- RT
>

> 3. Move the JaxWs specific processors and generators from Tools2 to
> rt/frontend/jaxws
>    Move the Jaxb  specific code from the Tools2 to rt/databiding/jaxb
>    Comments:
>     The benefit of moving is it will keep the tools framework clean, but
> it make packaging harder, and the tools in RT, seems weird.

It's weird .  I think it should be place to tools . Runtime only includes the stuff used in
runtime .