cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Johnson, Eric" <Eric.John...@iona.com>
Subject RE: FW: Java first question
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 18:19:48 GMT
I got the server running and now I created the following client code to
connect to it:
package org.eric.demo;

import java.io.File;
import java.net.URL;
import javax.xml.namespace.QName;
import javax.xml.ws.Service;

public class Client
{
public static void main(String args[])
  {
    QName serviceName = new QName("http://demo.eric.org",
"stockQuoteReporter");
    Service s = Service.create(serviceName);
	System.out.println("Service "+serviceName+" created...");
	quoteReporter proxy = s.getPort(quoteReporter.class);
	System.out.println("Proxy created...");
	Quote quote = proxy.getQuote("ALPHA");
	System.out.println("Stock "+quote.getID()+" is worth
"+quote.getVal()+" as of "+quote.getTime());
  }
}

The SEI is as follows:
package org.eric.demo;

import javax.jws.*;

@WebService(name="quoteReporter")
public interface quoteReporter
{
  public Quote getQuote(String ticker);
}

When I run the client I get the following:
client:
     [java] Service {http://demo.eric.org}stockQuoteReporter created...
     [java] Exception in thread "main" javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException:
Unable to determine port name.
     [java]     at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.ServiceImpl.createPort(ServiceImpl.java:267)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.ServiceImpl.getPort(ServiceImpl.java:193)
     [java]     at javax.xml.ws.Service.getPort(Service.java:120)
     [java]     at org.eric.demo.Client.main(Client.java:15)

What do I need to do to get the client to connect?