cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Dan Diephouse" <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: Next Release
Date Sun, 31 Dec 2006 22:22:18 GMT
Two things I want to add to my list:
- WSDL 2 support - or at the very least enough of it implemented that we can
put it in 2.1 without changing APIs.
- Commons HTTP client support. Right now we don't support the myriad of
authentication schemes needed. Commons HTTP is proven and I think we should
support it (even if it is synchronous...)

> Hi All,
>
> Well it seems we managed to get our first release out successfully! So I
> suppose its time to start thinking about the next release.
>
> I personally would like to see us target our next release to be a 2.0release candidate.
Our code is definitely maturing now and I think we'll be
> ready. However, we have some major areas which I see us needing to finish
> before then:
>
>    - JAX-WS TCK
>    - Tooling Refactor
>    - Port XFire Aegis databinding library
>    - WS-Security & SecureConversation
>    - Async HTTP Server support [1]
>    - Async HTTP Client support [2]
>    - Support content based routing
>    - Soap w/ Attachments
>    - HTTP Binding Client
>
> Anyone else have any areas I missed? I would be very wary about doing a
> release without any of those items done I think. In addition to those they
> are lots of smaller issues we need to think about. For example:
>
>    - Configuration (still haven't heard back on my proposal, will
>    kickstart this thread in a bit...)
>    - Binding discovery
>    - RM and removal of interceptors
>    - Code cleanup
>    - and a gazillion other JIRA issues
>
> Seeing that its nearly the new year, I think this puts us on track to
> start talking about actually doing a release on or around March 1. All
> depends on how quickly we work though :-)
>
> Thoughts?
>
> - Dan
>
> 1. I believe this will be part of the Jetty 6 port Willem is doing.
> 2. I need to check and see what the status of the Jetty 6 HTTP client is
> yet
>
> --
> Dan Diephouse
> Envoi Solutions