cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Dan Diephouse" <...@envoisolutions.com>
Date Sun, 31 Dec 2006 21:01:52 GMT
Hi All,

Well it seems we managed to get our first release out successfully! So I
suppose its time to start thinking about the next release.

I personally would like to see us target our next release to be a
2.0release candidate. Our code is definitely maturing now and I think
we'll be
ready. However, we have some major areas which I see us needing to finish
before then:

   - JAX-WS TCK
   - Tooling Refactor
   - Port XFire Aegis databinding library
   - WS-Security & SecureConversation
   - Async HTTP Server support [1]
   - Async HTTP Client support [2]
   - Support content based routing
   - Soap w/ Attachments
   - HTTP Binding Client

Anyone else have any areas I missed? I would be very wary about doing a
release without any of those items done I think. In addition to those they
are lots of smaller issues we need to think about. For example:

   - Configuration (still haven't heard back on my proposal, will
   kickstart this thread in a bit...)
   - Binding discovery
   - RM and removal of interceptors
   - Code cleanup
   - and a gazillion other JIRA issues

Seeing that its nearly the new year, I think this puts us on track to start
talking about actually doing a release on or around March 1. All depends on
how quickly we work though :-)

Thoughts?

- Dan

1. I believe this will be part of the Jetty 6 port Willem is doing.
2. I need to check and see what the status of the Jetty 6 HTTP client is yet

--
Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions