cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Dan Diephouse" <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Supporting Multiple Endpoints on one Destination
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 03:44:17 GMT
On 12/5/06, Willem Jiang <ning.jiang@iona.com> wrote:

> > 2. Supporting different bindings on the same URL: Ideally it would be
> > nice
> > to listen for both soap 1.1 and soap 1.2 messages on the same URL.
> > Additionally, this concept could be extended to HTTP GET as well. HTTP
> > GET
> > really is a separate binding from the regular SOAP binding (which is
> > part of
> > the reason I'm not happy about the current implementation).
> >
> You means we need to build up a HTTP GET binding?
> I think most useful case is that we can publish different versions of
> endpoints with one
> destination (address). So the version of the endpoints' services will be
> transparent to the client.

 I was thinking we could make a decision at the beginning of the interceptor
chain as to which interceptors we want to run. if (get) addGetInterceptors()
else addPostInterceptors(). Also there would be some logic somewhere to
lookup the correct binding based on the soap version used.

> *snip ServiceRouter + DummyService description*
> >
> I think the Dummy Service give us a great opportunities (by
> interceptors) to setup the routing policy.
> By it will be litter complex for the user, because it will take some
> time to get familiar with the interceptor chains.

We could ease this by hiding the interceptor details. We could provide some
prebuilt routing interceptor where they just override a method which finds
the correct Service.

And the router interceptor just work with the DummyService?

Not exactly sure what you mean. It could work with other services...

Regards,
- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse