cxf-dev mailing list archives

From James Mao <james....@iona.com>
Subject Re: Tooling refactoring plan
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 07:19:58 GMT
Hi all,

I missed one thing, i'm think of changing the artifact id of the wsdl2java
tools/common
tools/wsdl2java
tools/java2wsdl
tools/misc

In the misc we have wsdl2service/wsdl2soap etc.

So i'm thinking of the following layout in tools2
tools/common
tools/wsdlto
tools/javato

The idea is to combine the wsdl2java and the misc, there're some
duplicate code in those two modules. and i think the new layout make
more sense.

Since the YOKO project depends on tools/common only , so there'll have
no impact, but the STP project may need to change the dependency of the
cxf in their POM. from cxf-tools-wsdl2java to cxf-tools-wsdlto

The API will remain, no changes.

Any comments or objections?

Cheers,
James.

> Hi Edell, I just had a quick look into Yoko's code base, as far as I can see, Yoko tool
model only depends on cxf-api, cxf-common-utilities and cxf-tools-common. cxf-tools-common
is a framework mainly for command line parser, tool spec etc. I do not think we have any plan
to touch this piece of code as part of tools refactoring. So nothing to worry.