cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Neward" <...@tedneward.com>
Subject RE: Next Release
Date Mon, 01 Jan 2007 05:13:26 GMT
Hey, guys, some thoughts for a v.Next release from one who's principally a
user, not a toolkit developer:

(*) The samples definitely need some fleshing out, in that most of them come
from the same perspective (that of WSDL/Contract-first). Not everybody
writing XML services is going to want to take the hit of learning WSDL, so
something that demos an approach that's "code-first, contract-aware", IMHO,
is going to go over well.

(*) How about demos-and/or-support for SOAP-over-SMTP/POP3? And/or
SOAP-over-UDP? And other transports come to mind, such as Jabber/XMPP.

(*) Small nit: Make SOAP 1.2 the default for java2wsdl. Please. SOAP 1.1 is
dead (for which we should all give thanks), let's let it rest in peace.

(*) A WS-Eventing implementation would be VERY cool. (Had I the time, I
would step up here and volunteer to build it, but alas....)

(*) Ditto for WS-Discovery.

(*) I don't currently see any support for WS-Addressing anywhere thus far;
am I just not looking in the right places, or is this something that you're
waiting on JAX-WSA to finish up before shipping, or....?

Feel free to ignore any or all of these, of course. :-)

Ted Neward
Java, .NET, XML Services
Consulting, Teaching, Speaking, Writing
http://www.tedneward.com