cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Glynn, Eoghan" <eoghan.gl...@iona.com>
Subject RE: ClientImpl - creates a new message ????
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 11:43:31 GMT

Edell,

The purpose of the Binding.createMessage() call in
ClientImpl.onMessage() is to *wrap* the generic message provided by the
transport layer with a binding-specific message.

Thus for say SOAP over HTTP, the HTTPConduit creates a generic Message
for the incoming payload, which is then wrapped by a SoapMessage created
by the SoapBinding.

This allows for a clean separation between binding and transport in the
incoming dispatch path.

However, things are slightly different for CORBA, as the binding and
transport are one and the same. So why not just implement
CORBABinding.createMessage() as follows:

    public Message createMessage(Message message) {
        // no wrapping required
        return message;
    }

Cheers,