cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Glynn, Eoghan" <eoghan.gl...@iona.com>
Subject RE: Interceptor Ordering
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 11:02:53 GMT

The issue, as I understand it, is the complexity involved in arranging
for the separate In and Out interceptors to share common state.

This complexity obviously goes away if a single interceptor type is used
for both the inbound and outbound directions, so the resulting code is
simpler.

Also, this happens to be the model followed by JAX-WS Handlers ... no
need to repeat the arguments I've made several times in the past that
the CXF interceptor model shouldn't gratuitously diverge from the JAX-WS
Handler model.

> I'm not real keen on changing the interceptor semantics. I
> kind of prefer the In & Out interceptor approach.

Can you expand on your preference for the In/Out model? What specific
advantages do you see it bringing to the table?

/Eoghan