cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Robin Luscombe <Robin.Lusco...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Importing schemas from jars
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 16:22:45 GMT
Hello James,

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 10:55:17PM +0800, James Mao wrote:
> Hi Robin,
>
> OK, I thought what you need is to resolve the schemaLocation in the
> classpath.
> e.g:
>
> <xs:import namespace="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"
> 	       schemaLocation="/schemas/wsdl/wsdl.xsd"/>
>
> resolve the wsdl.xsd from the classpath

Yes, this is an issue for me.

> I have already  sent a mail to the jaxb, if there's response, i'll send
> the response in this mail list.

That would be great.

> If that works, you don't need the catalog, right?

This is a separate, but related issue.

Lets consider the WS-Resource Framework (WSRF) set of schemas.  The goal
is to generated the Java code without requiring network access and
without modifying the schemas.  An XML catalog can be used to map the
WSRF schema locations to local files.  However, the WSRF schemas depend
on the xml namespace and ws-addressing schemas.  The XML catalog can be
used to map the locations of these schemas to local files, but this
would require the copying of schemas that are available in the
cxf-common-schema jar.  It would be cleaner if the catalog could map
schema locations to classpath resources.

Cheers,
Robin