cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Robin Luscombe <Robin.Lusco...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Importing schemas from jars
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 13:25:42 GMT
Hello Jim,

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 07:27:12PM +0800, Jim Ma wrote:
> Hi Robin ,
>
> I tried http.xsd  using the "-catalog" option . It works fine.
>
> XJC seems do not invoke catalog resolver if the schemaLoacation defined with
> relative path like   " /schemas/wsdl/wsdl.xsd",
>
> so I need to change the schemaLocation as following :
>
>   <xs:import namespace="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"
>              schemaLocation="http://schemas/wsdl/a.xsd"/>
>
> And this is my catalog file :
>
> <!DOCTYPE catalog
>  PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD Entity Resolution XML Catalog V1.0//EN"
>  "http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/release/1.0/catalog.dtd">
> <catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog"
>          prefer="public">
> <rewriteSystem
>         systemIdStartString="http://schemas/wsdl/a.xsd"
>         rewritePrefix="jar:file:/mavenrepo/org/apache/cxf/cxf-common-schemas
> /2.0-incubator-M1-SNAPSHOT/cxf-common-schemas-2.0-incubator-M1-SNAPSHOT.jar!
> /schemas/wsdl/wsdl.xsd" />
> </catalog>

In my case, the location of the jar cannot be present in the catalog
since it is variable.  Is there a way for the catalog resolver to pick
the jar up from the classpath?  Also, this would create a maintenance
problem since all catalogs would have to be updated when switching to a
new version of cxf-common-schemas.  Is there a way to do it without
specifying the version?

The best solution would be to specify "/schemas/wsdl/wsdl.xsd" and have
the catalog resolver search the classpath.  Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
Robin