cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse builds broken again....
Date Sat, 04 Nov 2006 00:07:38 GMT

> The recent changes to grab stuff from the common/metacode dir completely
> broke the eclipse setup.   You CANNOT add source and resource
> directories  outside of the current module.  Eclipse will not allow
> that.    I'm going  to "undo" those changes for now until someone can
> figure out something  better.

This problem is worse than I thought....

There are a LOT of files that are doing something like:
schemaLocation="../../../../../../../../common/metacode/src/main/....."

That is just as bad.   We need to make sure it's possible to build each
module individually.   That's to prove that a developer outside our
source tree can do the same thing.

For the code generation/xsd/xjb things, what we need to do is register a
ResourceResolver on the tools so that locations can be resolved to jars
on the classpath.   In the xsd/xjb's, it should be something like:
schemaLocation="/schemas/wsdl.xsd"
or similar and the resolver will do a proper "getClass().getResource(...)"
thing on it to resolve it.

IMO, this needs to be fixed for M1.

--
J. Daniel Kulp