cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Beryozkin" <sergey.beryoz...@iona.com>
Subject SSL Server configuration
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2006 11:33:59 GMT
Hi there

In our CXF-based server we want to configure SSL props and I'm trying to do it like this (this
fragmnet is incomplete, 'sec' prefix
is declared earlier, xmlns:sec="http://cxf.apache.org/configuration/security") :

<bean id="ModelProviderPort.http-destination" class="org.apache.cxf.transport.http.destination.HTTPDestinationConfigBean">

<property name="sslServer">

<value>

<sec:sslServer>

<sec:Keystore>src/demo/hw_https/resources/celtix.p12</sec:Keystore>

<!-- more settings here -->

<sec:sslServer>

</bean>

And I get the error message (please see below). Now if I change the above bean setting to
this one :
<bean id="ModelProviderPort.http-destination" abstract="true"> then the server starts
ok, but it appears that the sslServer config
is not picked up as I can successfully access our server using plain http...

Any advice on how we can make the CXF notice that sslServer is in teh config will be appreciated...Should
we use abstract="true" or
not ? Is it a matter of adding of updating our server's pom to bring some extra CXF jar dependency
? Can it be that due sslServer
settings are ignored with abstract="true" because at the moment these settings in our case
are simply not correct yet, for ex, a
keystore location can not be resolved ?

Thanks, Sergey

WARNING: Failed to create application context.

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'ModelProviderPort.http-destination'
defined
in class path resource [cxf.xml]: Error setting property values; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.PropertyBatchUpdateException; nested PropertyAccessExceptions (1)
are:

PropertyAccessException 1: org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert
property value of type
[org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredElementNSImpl] to required type [org.apache.cxf.configuration.security.SSLServerPolicy]
for property
'sslServer'; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No matching editors or
conversion strategy found

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.PropertyBatchUpdateException; nested PropertyAccessException
details (1) are:

PropertyAccessException 1:

org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert property value of type

[org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredElementNSImpl] to required type [org.apache.cxf.configuration.security.SSLServerPolicy]
for property
'sslServer'; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No matching editors or
conversion strategy found

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No matching editors or conversion strategy
found

at org.springframework.beans.TypeConverterDelegate.convertIfNecessary(TypeConverterDelegate.java:212)

P.S. Is it really a user question so that we should send questions like this to a users group
?