cxf-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: jsr173-api-1.0.jar and stax_api-1.0.jar
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 07:44:12 GMT

On Oct 18, 2006, at 6:15 PM, Dan Diephouse wrote:

> Bozhong Lin wrote:
>
>> Does anyone has any idea why we have both jsr173-api-1.0.jar and
>> stax_api-1.0.jar? They seem to contain the same set of binary
>> classes, which all belong to Stax api classes.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bo
>
> Probably errors in dependency's poms. Some include stax-api, some
> include jsr173. I suppose the later is more correct, but the former
> has been around long (then maven people didn't add jsr173 until
> later). Also, the stax API's current version is 1.0.1 so we might
> want to think about using that, however probably not critical ifit
> involves a lot of POM changes.

I have not personally tried this but I've been told that the stax-api
1.0.1 version includes fixes to some bugs present in the jsr173 jar
and stax-api 1.0 jar that prevent stax from working on non-sun jdks
such as the ibm jdk. For integration with geronimo it will make our
life simpler if you use the stax-api 1.0.1 jar.

thanks
david jencks