cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: Servlet Support
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 05:34:19 GMT
Dan Diephouse wrote:
> Hiya,
> I started looking at the CXFServlet tonight, but I'm a little
> confused. It seems that doPost/doGet are associated with one specific
> Endpoint (it is a field in the class). This would mean that you could
> only have one endpoint per servlet, which seems odd. Can someone shed
> some light? Are there any tests for this? I started one using HTTP
> Unit, but am still trying to figure out what is going on.
>
> - Dan

Other comments:

1. Lots of ex.printStackTraces() - in fact there are LOTS of these all
throughout the CXF code. When we just let these fly by it can cause lots
of damage to a user's experience as they may not have any clue what went
wrong or we may get stuck in some infinite loop or something similarly
horrible. PLEASE PLEASE rethrow these... ServletException, Fault, and
others all have a constcructor which takes a Throwable.
2. Minor nitpick but: why are doPost/doGet part of ServletDestination?
It seems like these should be part of CXFServlet and then when we get a
request it should send a Message to the Destination.
3. Why are we doing JaxWsServiceFactoryBean.create() after we already
created an endpoint/service via new EndpointImpl a few lines above
(170/180ish)??  If you need to access the EndpointInfo, you can get it
via Endpoint.getEndpointInfo()
4. ClassLoaderUtils.loadClass(String name) is around for a reason...
5. What about doDelete/doPut? these are needed for REST
6. This would also be good to have for all our Spring users with an
existing ApplicationContext: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-175

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse