cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Smyth <andrea.sm...@iona.com>
Subject Re: More odd PMD-related build failures
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 10:59:40 GMT
I deleted that directory from my repository (and the pmd.xml file
generated in target shows it's using 3.7 now) but PMD still crashes when
checking code in ws-addr.
The problem seems to be the UselessOverridingMethod rule:

Andrea.

[WARNING] Failure executing PMD for:
C:\svn\workspace\cxf\rt\ws\addr\src\main\java\org\apache\cxf\ws\addressing\soap\MAPCodec.java
net.sourceforge.pmd.PMDException: Error while processing
C:\svn\workspace\cxf\rt\ws\addr\src\main\java\org\apache\cxf\ws\addressing\soap\MAPCodec.java
    at net.sourceforge.pmd.PMD.processFile(PMD.java:109)
    at net.sourceforge.pmd.PMD.processFile(PMD.java:66)
    at net.sourceforge.pmd.PMD.processFile(PMD.java:152)
    at
org.apache.maven.plugin.pmd.PmdReport.executeReport(PmdReport.java:204)
    at
org.apache.maven.reporting.AbstractMavenReport.generate(AbstractMavenReport.java:98)
    at
org.apache.maven.reporting.AbstractMavenReport.execute(AbstractMavenReport.java:73)
    at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:412)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:534)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.forkProjectLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:898)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.forkLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:734)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:505)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:475)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:454)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:140)
    at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
    at
    at
    at
net.sourceforge.pmd.rules.UselessOverridingMethod.visit(UselessOverridingMethod.java:47)
    at
net.sourceforge.pmd.ast.ASTMethodDeclaration.jjtAccept(ASTMethodDeclaration.java:18)
    at
net.sourceforge.pmd.ast.SimpleJavaNode.childrenAccept(SimpleJavaNode.java:44)
    at
net.sourceforge.pmd.ast.JavaParserVisitorAdapter.visit(JavaParserVisitorAdapter.java:6)
    at
net.sourceforge.pmd.ast.JavaParserVisitorAdapter.visit(JavaParserVisitorAdapter.java:47)
    at
net.sourceforge.pmd.ast.ASTClassOrInterfaceBodyDeclaration.jjtAccept(ASTClassOrInterfaceBodyDeclaration.java:34)
    at
net.sourceforge.pmd.ast.SimpleJavaNode.childrenAccept(SimpleJavaNode.java:44)
    at
net.sourceforge.pmd.ast.JavaParserVisitorAdapter.visit(JavaParserVisitorAdapter.java:6)
    at
net.sourceforge.pmd.ast.JavaParserVisitorAdapter.visit(JavaParserVisitorAdapter.java:43)
    at
net.sourceforge.pmd.ast.ASTClassOrInterfaceBody.jjtAccept(ASTClassOrInterfaceBody.java:19)
    at
net.sourceforge.pmd.ast.SimpleJavaNode.childrenAccept(SimpleJavaNode.java:44)
    at
net.sourceforge.pmd.ast.JavaParserVisitorAdapter.visit(JavaParserVisitorAdapter.java:6)
    at
net.sourceforge.pmd.ast.JavaParserVisitorAdapter.visit(JavaParserVisitorAdapter.java:19)
    at
net.sourceforge.pmd.rules.UselessOverridingMethod.visit(UselessOverridingMethod.java:34)
    at
net.sourceforge.pmd.ast.ASTClassOrInterfaceDeclaration.jjtAccept(ASTClassOrInterfaceDeclaration.java:18)
    at
net.sourceforge.pmd.ast.SimpleJavaNode.childrenAccept(SimpleJavaNode.java:44)
    at
net.sourceforge.pmd.ast.JavaParserVisitorAdapter.visit(JavaParserVisitorAdapter.java:6)
    at
net.sourceforge.pmd.ast.JavaParserVisitorAdapter.visit(JavaParserVisitorAdapter.java:159)
    at
net.sourceforge.pmd.ast.ASTTypeDeclaration.jjtAccept(ASTTypeDeclaration.java:33)
    at
net.sourceforge.pmd.ast.SimpleJavaNode.childrenAccept(SimpleJavaNode.java:44)
    at
net.sourceforge.pmd.ast.JavaParserVisitorAdapter.visit(JavaParserVisitorAdapter.java:6)
    at
net.sourceforge.pmd.ast.JavaParserVisitorAdapter.visit(JavaParserVisitorAdapter.java:135)
    at net.sourceforge.pmd.AbstractRule.visitAll(AbstractRule.java:183)
    at net.sourceforge.pmd.AbstractRule.apply(AbstractRule.java:144)
    at net.sourceforge.pmd.RuleSet.apply(RuleSet.java:97)
    at net.sourceforge.pmd.RuleSets.apply(RuleSets.java:99)
    at net.sourceforge.pmd.PMD.processFile(PMD.java:104)