cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: Configuration of HTTP
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 13:10:32 GMT
Hiya,

Comments inline...
Andrea Smyth wrote:

> Dan Diephouse wrote:
>
>> One change I made locally is to have
>> ServiecModelHttpConfiguration.getObject(name) return
>> endpointInfo.getProperty(name) on line 50 as opposed to returning null.
>

> Hi Dan,
>
> IMO that's fine - the only reason that
> ServiceModelHttpConfigurationProvider returned null for all but the
> "server" and "client" properties is that up to now we only expected to
> find values for these two properties in the service model -  if  they
> are supplied as wsdl extensors.
> If values for these or other properties can also be expected in the
> EndpointInfo's (or ServiceInfo's) property map, these maps should be
> consulted also - either by the same provider or a different one.

I guess I'm confused as to why we're taking the provider approach as
opposed to just doing a lookup on the service model in the http
transport. Can you maybe shed some light here?

> The reason that only Endpoint info is searched is that the http policy
> extensors are only registered for the port element (I believe so at
> least, can't find the registering code at the moment).  But I don't
> see any reasons for not registering the policies as extensors of the
> binding or portType elements also (and have the provider look there too).

Yes, I think it'd be beneficial to just have a context hierarchy that
gets searched (operation->endpoint->binding->service?)

--
Dan Diephouse
(616) 971-2053