cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r464472 - in /incubator/cxf/trunk: api/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/binding/ api/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/service/model/ rt/bindings/soap/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/binding/soap/ rt/bindings/soap/src/main/resources/META-INF/ rt/bindin...
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2006 16:52:45 GMT
ningjiang@apache.org wrote:

>Author: ningjiang
>Date: Mon Oct 16 05:54:27 2006
>New Revision: 464472

>Log:
>[JIRA CXF-18] PhaseTow: Implemented BindingInfoFactoryBeanManager to load the BingInfoFactoryBean
just like BingFactoryManager.
>Moved AbstractBindingInfoFactoryBean.java form frontend/simple to api
>Moved SoapBindingInfoFactoryBean.java form frontend/simple to SoapBinding
>Added XMLBindingInfoFactoryBean.java for creating XMLBinding in codefirst mode.

Finally got around to looking at this change and I'm not real keen on it.

BindingInfoFactorys are highly tied to front ends and servicefactorys.
For instance, in the Jax-Ws module we need a version of the
SoapBindingInfoFactory which looks at the @SOAPBinding annotations. So
it will need access to the information the service factory. We can't
remove the setServiceFactory() method from the BindingInfoFactoryBean
and replace it with the setService(). It is JAX-WS that needs to know
about SOAP, not SOAP that needs to know about JAX-WS.

I do understand that some discovery mechanism may be needed but I think
trying to promote this as a top level concept isn't the right approach.
I'm going to take a look a refactoring this a bit.

Cheers,
- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse