cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Jiang Ning <ning.ji...@iona.com>
Subject Re: outstanding distribution cleanup works [was: Re: M1 TODOs (again)]
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 01:50:39 GMT
Hi Bo,

Comments are in the mail.

Bozhong Lin wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have almost finished distribution cleanup related to license/NOTICE
> stuff, so it looks good now with ARAT tool. Following are some
> outstanding distribution cleanup TODOs:
> 1. remove Rhino XMLBeans from distribution and include a note in
> readme for JavaScript frontend feature
> 2. remove ActiveMQ from distribution and include a note for JMS
> transport feature. (If there is no objection for removing it from
> distribution)

Current JMS samples need to start up JMS broker as the basic condition
to run them. So Current distribution of CXF add ActiveMQ's configuration
and ActiveMQ core jar in the lib so the JMS samples can work  without
any ActiveMQ installation. And there is a ant task for start up the JMS
broker.
If we remove all the ActiveMQ stuff from distribution,  user need to
definitely install the ActiveMQ, and make the JMS broker start to listen
at it default port. These had to be written in the samples README.

> 3. Unpackaging CXF to an installation directory name with a version#
> 4. change distribution package format to be ZIP/Tgz instead of JAR.
> (If there is no objection)
> 5. As part of cleanup, I am going to remove Maven installation from
> trunk. I don't think it makes sense to include Maven installation in
> CXF repository and removing it will reduce source code download for
> developers also. If you are pointing your MVN_HOME directory
> trunk/maven, they you need to move Maven installation to other
> directory and point MVN_HOME to new installation directory.

The user need to make sure the maven version up to 2.0.4, or there could
be some strange problem of runing 'mvn install' :)

> 6. As part of cleanup, I will restructure "trunk/systemtests" and
> "trunk/test" modules. "trunk/systemtests" will contain following new
> contents:
> 1) trunk/systemtests/features: including all system test cases under
> current "trunk/systemtests" module. ONLY this part of system test
> cases will be included in part of development build lifecycle.
> 2) trunk/systemtests/performance: including all performance test cases
> 3) trunk/systemtests/interop: inclduing all interop test cases, such
> as Axis interop, .NET interop, and WSA interop.
> 7. The obsolete "trunk/src" directory will be remove. "mvn site" does
> not requirement any information under that directory any more.
>
> Please let me know if you have suggestions on above items, otherwise,
> I will start working on it a couple days later.
>
> Cheers,
> Bo
>
> Dan Diephouse wrote:
>
>> Hiya,
>>
>> Some of us from CXF met up today and talked about things we need to
>> do yet before we can do M1. Here are some of the things we came up with:
>>
>> - Rhino can't be included in distribution
>> - Fault handling on client side
>> - Licensing
>>  - NOTICE files
>>  - schemas should have appropriate license (w3c?)
>>  - performance test licenses (Bo)
>> - Documentation
>> - Interop testing with Axis and .NET
>> - Content-Type
>> - Faults need 500 status code
>> - Basic authentication
>> - Support ?wsdl
>> - Session Management?
>> - SAAJ Handlers?
>> - Drop StreamHandler demos
>> - WS-Addressing interop?
>>
>> Anyone else have additional issues for inclusion?
>>
>> - Dan

Willem.