cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Bozhong Lin <b...@iona.com>
Subject outstanding distribution cleanup works [was: Re: M1 TODOs (again)]
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 10:08:36 GMT
Hi All,

I have almost finished distribution cleanup related to license/NOTICE
stuff, so it looks good now with ARAT tool. Following are some
outstanding distribution cleanup TODOs:
1. remove Rhino XMLBeans from distribution and include a note in readme
for JavaScript frontend feature
2. remove ActiveMQ from distribution and include a note for JMS
transport feature. (If there is no objection for removing it from
distribution)
3. Unpackaging CXF to an installation directory name with a version#
4. change distribution package format to be ZIP/Tgz instead of JAR. (If
there is no objection)
5. As part of cleanup, I am going to remove Maven installation from
trunk. I don't think it makes sense to include Maven installation in CXF
repository and removing it will reduce source code download for
developers also. If you are pointing your MVN_HOME directory
trunk/maven, they you need to move Maven installation to other directory
and point MVN_HOME to new installation directory.
6. As part of cleanup, I will restructure "trunk/systemtests" and
"trunk/test" modules. "trunk/systemtests" will contain following new
contents:
1) trunk/systemtests/features: including all system test cases under
current "trunk/systemtests" module. ONLY this part of system test cases
will be included in part of development build lifecycle.
2) trunk/systemtests/performance: including all performance test cases
3) trunk/systemtests/interop: inclduing all interop test cases, such as
Axis interop, .NET interop, and WSA interop.
7. The obsolete "trunk/src" directory will be remove. "mvn site" does
not requirement any information under that directory any more.

Please let me know if you have suggestions on above items, otherwise, I
will start working on it a couple days later.

Cheers,
Bo