cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: WS-Context implementation
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2006 15:48:20 GMT
Mark Little wrote:

>> Asking this question because, there is no point in creating one if
>> reuse
>> is a possibility. I am sure CXF community would love to get one :)
>

> Understood. However, I believe the rules in Apache would preclude a
> dependency on any non-Apache licence code. True?

LGPL is not allowed as a dependency (we are not allowed to link to or
distribute lgpl binaries). We could however make a ws-context
implementation available somewhere else if it was possible to reuse the
redhat implementation.

For more info on licensing you could check out Cliff's 3rd party
licensing policy draft:

http://people.apache.org/~cliffs/3party/3party-v0.52.html

- Dan

--