cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Two better ideas for Spring Discovery
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 17:31:19 GMT
I've been asking a lot of people about better ways to discover
components in Spring here at ApacheCon. Right now we kind of do the
registerSelfWithBus() hack. Dain suggested that we write a
ApplicationContextAware Collection, and I kind of like the idea. In this
case we could do something like:

<bean class="...DestinationFactoryManager">
<constructor-arg>
  <bean class="org.apache.cxf.spring.DynamicMap">
    <property name="interfaceType" value="...DestinationFactory">
  </bean>
</bean>

In this case the DynamicMap would implement ApplicationContextAware
which gives it access to the ApplicationContext. We can then search for
all the types of "DestinationFactory" and add them to the collection.
This is basically the extensionmanager applied to Spring I think.

What do you think?

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse