cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: Areas to get involved...
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 21:33:20 GMT
Kevin Conner wrote:

> Dan Diephouse wrote:
>
>> Was chatting with a few people here at ApacheCon and we came up with
>> the idea that we should have a page on how to get involved. So, I
>> went ahead and created one:
>>
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF/Getting+Involved
>>
>> I only have a few ideas on there right now (I'm sure I'll think of
>> more later too), but hopefully others can contribute some ideas as well!
>

> I was just composing an email about doing this :-).

Cool :-)

> I went through the wiki/jira and didn't see much about longer term
> objectives, things are obviously focused on the M1 release.  The wiki
> index page seems to cover a lot of areas and I wondered whether it
> would be a good idea to flesh some of them out.  These could be added
> to the 'ideas' section on the above page.

Yes, I think it would be a good idea to flesh them out. Some of the high
level things I was thinking of M2:

    * JAX-WS TCK and smaller details (we have a lot of JAX-WS done, we
      just need to focus on the details now)
    * JBI integration
    * WS-Security
    * WS-RM
    * Asynchronous HTTP support on client & server
    * Refactor tooling to use service model
    * WSDL 2

> It would also be helpful, to me at least, if there was some notion of
> priority attached to these items.  Do people feel this is warranted?

Yup, good idea.
- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse