cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: Accounts, Commit Karma & PPMC membership for CXF
Date Sat, 07 Oct 2006 15:33:55 GMT
Hi Mika,

Mika Göckel wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> I followed the discussion on incubator-general and I think the way
> you/they are dealing with this issue is the most transparent possible.
> Even if I didn't take part in the discussion myself, I felt somewhat
> involved as well.

Good :-)
> You know that I haven't been the most active committer of XFire in the
> past and I certainly will not be the most active for CXF in the future
> as well and you know that it isn't laziness but workload that holds
> people like me from taking a bigger piece of the cake. I admire you
> and the other very active committers but I have difficulties following
> the pace you are moving forward. On the other hand, I find it
> indispensible to have a very diverse community including people only
> stepping in occasionally -- like myself.

Agreed about having a diverse community. Not everyone can be "the most
active" committer afterall. People are welcome no matter how big of a
chunk they tackle.
> I've got an apache account already, but I would like to have write
> access to the wiki and committer status for JIRA, so that I can be
> assigned issues.
What are your JIRA & Confluence user names? I can give you access, but I
need to know them.

> If you can cope with me being one of the least active committers, I'd
> be proud to be a part of the project.

In that case, welcome aboard :-)
> Mika
>
> Dan Diephouse schrieb:
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> First, thanks for your patience as we've tried to figure out a
>> resolution to the problem of commit rights and CXF. I think we've all
>> learned a bit more about the Apache process. (And hopefully helped
>> define it a bit better! ;-))
>>
>> The CXF PPMC/Incubator PMC has passed a resolution on how to move
>> forward. Here is what was decided:
>>
>> 1. The list of committers from the original proposal will stay
>> exactly the same.
>>
>> 2. When you need an account and if you are on the aforementioned
>> list, then email the cxf-dev list asking for an account. After 3 +1s
>> are tallied, you can email root@apache.org. The 3 +1s are needed so
>> we are aware when people get accounts and also so you the Apache
>> account creator knows that you have been approved for commit karma.
>> Public records are a good thing :-)
>>
>> 3. If you want to be on the PPMC, email the dev list and we will add
>> you to the PPMC.
>>
>> 4. At some future point, yet to be determined (possibly at
>> graduation), we will be taking a look at the project membership and
>> culling it. This means that if you haven't contributed anything you
>> probably aren't going to be part of the graduated Apache project. No
>> specific actions are being planned at this point though - we just
>> want you to be aware that this may happen in the future. Note that
>> this has absolutely nothing to do with not wanting people to be
>> involved, its a matter of meritocracy. We do want to get everyone
>> involved and I hope we can do so.
>>
>> With that said, lets get on with it, write code/docs and get M1 out! :-D
>>
>> Cheers,
>> - Dan

- Dan

--