cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Accounts, Commit Karma & PPMC membership for CXF
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 21:35:35 GMT
Hi Everyone,

First, thanks for your patience as we've tried to figure out a
resolution to the problem of commit rights and CXF. I think we've all
learned a bit more about the Apache process. (And hopefully helped
define it a bit better! ;-))

The CXF PPMC/Incubator PMC has passed a resolution on how to move
forward. Here is what was decided:

1. The list of committers from the original proposal will stay exactly
the same.

2. When you need an account and if you are on the aforementioned list,
then email the cxf-dev list asking for an account. After 3 +1s are
tallied, you can email root@apache.org. The 3 +1s are needed so we are
aware when people get accounts and also so you the Apache account
creator knows that you have been approved for commit karma. Public
records are a good thing :-)

3. If you want to be on the PPMC, email the dev list and we will add you
to the PPMC.

4. At some future point, yet to be determined (possibly at graduation),
we will be taking a look at the project membership and culling it. This
means that if you haven't contributed anything you probably aren't going
to be part of the graduated Apache project. No specific actions are
being planned at this point though - we just want you to be aware that
this may happen in the future. Note that this has absolutely nothing to
do with not wanting people to be involved, its a matter of meritocracy.
We do want to get everyone involved and I hope we can do so.

With that said, lets get on with it, write code/docs and get M1 out! :-D

Cheers,
- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse