cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: EndpointInfo in transports
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 19:29:44 GMT
Dan Diephouse wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Do we want to keep on using the EndpointInfo in the transport
> factories? It seems like the wrong thing to do as it has to do with
> the service model. I do prefer the approach in which we use an
> EndpointReferenceType. However, the thing I hate about that is that it
> takes about 5 lines of code to create a simple EPR with a URL. Is
> there a way we can modify the generated EPR class to have a default
> constructor which takes a URL?
>
> - Dan

Just wanted to elaborate on one thing. If we could get the EPR class
generated with a nice constructor, I was thinking that instead of the
get/setAddress on EndpointInfo having a string, we could make it an EPR.
When creating a service from WSDL, transports would be able to help in
creation of the EndpointInfo so the SoapDestinationFactory could help
turn a SOAPAddress into a proper EPR. This would be a two way process
and leave us with something like this:

public interface WSDLEndpointFactory {
    EndpointInfo createEndpointInfo(ServiceInfo serviceInfo, Port port);

    void createPortExtensors(EndpointInfo ei, Service service);
}

--
Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions