cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Sakala, Adinarayana" <ASAK...@iona.com>
Subject RE: SOAP 1.2, Multiple services on same endpoint?
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 16:35:41 GMT
> That require a preprocessor to choose which binding they should load?
> TBH, i haven't think about that yet. Do you have any solutions?
[ADI] I am not sure if there is a need for preprocessor to support this.
If the user publishes two endpoints with the same exact http address
then he should be able to achieve what Dan D is proposing, is that
right?
Optionally a user should be able to publish a service which will
activate all the endpoints and required bindings in that wsdl service.
Do we support this now?

> In this case it means that the endpoint can accept both soap11 and
> soap12, I don't know if it's popular in the real world,
[ADI] That's correct, this allows both SOAP 1.1 and SOAP 1.2 messages
for multiple endpoints on the same HTTP URL.
There seem to be an assumption (atleast that's how I am reading it) in
this proposal that the interfaces for both endpoints are exactly same,
is that right?
If that is correct then the proposal to support multiple endpoints on
the same http url probably makes some sense because I can see a customer
wanting to do this.

> but i would suggest user to expose two ports instead of using one.
[ADI] If you are talking about two tcp ports then I would disagree, I
can see suggesting to customers to use two different URL's i.e
http://localhost:9107/SOAPDocLitBareService/Soap11Port,
http://localhost:9107/SOAPDocLitBareService/Soap12Port
as a clean approach.

[ADI] Incase we are talking about using same http url's for different
wsdl endpoints associated with different wsdl interfaces it open's up a
ton of problems for users. If you add different bindings into the mix it
even complicates the problem in my opinion. This is all possible to be
represented in WSDL 1.1, but I don't know why anybody would ever design
their wsdl's in such a crappy way :)

In short (Interface being common),
1. We should suggest users to use different endpoint url's (http url)
for different endpoints.
2. We should consider supporting same endpoint url's (http url) for
different endpoints.

Thanks,
Adi

AbstractFactory,